Commercial Disputes And Breach Of Contract
When you are involved in a commercial dispute, our job is to resolve it as simply and efficiently as possible so that you can get back to business.
Ridout Barron‘s business litigation lawyers know that no two businesses — and no two disputes — are identical. Standard solutions do not work for everyone. We will take the time to understand the needs of your particular business and create a solution that works for you. Our priority lies in making sure your matter proceeds efficiently so you are not left with rising costs and uncertainty about your future.
Our clients appreciate our flexibility and understanding and our ability to explain the process of dispute resolution. We provide clear, honest, objective advice in all sorts of commercial conflicts, including:
- Franchise disputes
- Unfair business practices
- Misrepresentation or fraud
- Breach of contract
- Obtaining specific performance of a contract
The dispute resolution process is often a collaborative one. For many businesses, preserving working relationships and coming to a solution that benefits both sides is the best option. Our Calgary lawyers for commercial disputes and breaches of contract can help with:
- Negotiation: This is an informal type of dispute resolution, in which both sides and their lawyers simply discuss the problem and try to work towards a mutually beneficial resolution.
- Mediation: Sessions facilitated by a mediator may help both sides understand each other more clearly. The mediator can suggest creative, flexible solutions without imposing them.
- Litigation: If negotiation and mediation are not effective and it is unlikely that you will be able to work together, we will skillfully defend or prosecute your interests in court or arbitration and strive to bring you the best possible solution.